EasternKingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EasternKingdom

EasternKingdom

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BladeGT
Admin
BladeGT

Брой мнения : 6
Местожителство : Bulgaria

Game Guide Empty
PostSubject: Game Guide   Game Guide Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Here is a Game Guide found on the forums:

Kudos to Jamal Fatz for finding it:

1- Introduction
2- The beginning
2.1- Your game plan
2.2- The skill investment
2.3- The quests
2.4- Items
2.5- Playing with jobs
3- The towns
3.1- Building or joining
3.2- How a town should work…
4- Duels
The attributes – skills
Tactics…
5- Premium account
6- How not to get hurt badly
7- Helpful sites
8- Conclusion

1- Introduction

Good day everyone. This is guide is made to guide people in their beginnings of playing The West. It has some tips that were handy to me. Please excuse my grammar; English is not my first language!

First of all, you need to understand there is not only one way to play the game and there is still a lot to learn from that game! I intend that text to guide you toward the right resources according to what I have figured. I will also try to answer the most common questions I receive in game.

I hope this will help you understand that great game and remember that a good beginning to every game is to read the help section! This is where we all started! This is really a general guide where I show now numbers… maybe one day I will make a restricted advanced guide

2- The beginning

The beginning of the game is critical. This is where you should figure what you will do for the rest of the game… There is a possibility to change that but lets say you’ll help yourself be a better player if you can make wise decisions in the beginning…

2.1- Your game plan

I think the question i get the more often by mail is: “How do you level so quickly” or “how do you get a lot of experience (exp)”. My first answer is : you need to have a plan! Remember that in mostly every multiplayer online game there is mathematics… It’s all about probabilities and or prevision of what can happen…

I see 3 different type of class in this game :

Duelers : Duelers will be gaining his money and xp mostly by dueling other players. It will also do jobs as motivation drops too much at some point, although they will mostly work on winning duels. I recommand reading the Dueling section for more precise info on how to manage a dueler avatar. Duelers should have lower regular level as they level not as fast as jobbers… it all depends tho.

Jobbers : Jobbers will often be adventurers who will gain their exp and money from jobs. It is critical for them to invest well their skills to do the jobs they want to do! It is the most common way of playing the game and probably the easiest one to learn at first.

Builders : Builders are the ones who build in town but who also do a lot of money jobs. It is sad because they don’t have a specific ranking to compare to other builders as jobbers and duelers have… Maybe one day we will find a most building points ranking or something… This is the class I know the less so I will eventually invite someone to add some more precise stuff to the guide… I’ll start a section with the little info I have!

Planning to be a jobber will still allow you to duel or build, although you will do it less efficiently. Trying to specify yourself in two different class is possible, although you might have a hard time succeeding well in aspect of the game. Maybe one day we will see great all-arounders!

2.2- The skill investment

This section can be applied to everyone but is pretty critical from jobbers. For every level you get you will be able to raise 1 attribute and 3 skills. Make sure you know what you want to do later on!! I’ll take the example if you want to be a jobber and know you want to hunt beavers because you like the exp and money it gives… You know you will have to invest all your attributes and skills toward trapping until you get to do the job. Although try to think further… which job will you do after hunting beavers?? When I say the game is about mathematics, well you have to sit down and calculate how much points you need to invest in which skills to perform well… Is there a timeline limit? No! As far as you can plan do it! Although items will start interfering at some point! After a few world you will know what to buy and when to buy it also…

2.3- The quests

Another common question is “are you doing the quests”. I do some of them… Again its about mathematics… How many hours will I spend doing a quest to get 20xp? If it allows you to do another quest after which will give you 60XP it might worth it! So the math equation would be :

Amount of exp/money earned for amount of theorical time you will need to spend on jobs to get the items… Always consider you could do spend that job time on a job who would bring you 40-50XP instead.

I consider doing the first set of quest when you start playing is a must for a good start! It brings a lot of early XP and therefore a lot of skill points to do good jobs. Please note that to find the various items, you don’t have to work 2 hours on each job!! Work it 30 mins per 30 mins and stop as soon as your get the item you are looking for. You will save much energy doing that.

I would recommand to do most quest where you have duels to make… It is free pass for exp-money-items… Level 15 quest is a must for me especially if you already have a black bandana.

2.4- Items

To answer a lot of people : you can sell items in any town where there is a gunsmith, tailor or a general store!!! Sorry it felt good!

I suggest you to keep most of the items in the beginning, as you will need a lot for quests… Also you need to play with your inventory to maximize your labor points depending on which job you want to do. This will be particularly important later in game when items become more and more valuable.

Please don’t buy a donkey for the quest if you are not member of a town selling it… it’s a waste of valuable money! Honestly I don’t buy donkey before a dang while. These 250$ can be really useful to build your town! You shouldn’t have to travel much honestly…

2.5 Playing with jobs

There is no good or bad moment to stop doing a job motivation wise. Although always be aware that you can go back to a smaller job! The 20% exp job at 100% motivation will be more efficient than the 25% exp job at 50% motivation! Note that 20% exp job doesn’t mean it will exactly give you 20 XP per hour * motivation%... It is just an indicator, a range of exp.

In a perfect world you should have 6-7 jobs that you rotate after working on them 4 hours or so… You should try to keep your highest profitable jobs the more you can at 90-100% motivation as they will bring you the most exp-money-items.

3- The towns

Towns are an important part of the game! Do you need to join one to perform or play, the answer is no. Although they bring to you another dimension of the game. Of course you don’t have to donate to a town so you keep all your money for yourself. But when you will want items, they will cost twice the price and you won’t have access to all of them!

It might also prevent you from being dueled but you won’t be able to duel others neither! Now if you want to be in a town, do you want to join one or create a new one?

3.1- Creating a town

If you want to create a town, I suggest you to be a member first in another world. You have to understand the utility of a jobber, a builder and a dueler to manage them well. A town having no specific builder won’t ever succeed… or it will take a lot of time.

If you decide to create one, it might worth setting your town in an area with not too many large towns. If you are the biggest, people will come sleep and buy items in your town, which will give you free money! Yep that’s right every time someone out of town buys an item, the town will receive a certain % of money.

Also if you have the best duelers and most duelers around you will be able to defend yourself against other local towns. This is a unproven point though so feel free to experiment!

If you want to join a town, and to explain players who didn’t read the help section, you need an invite to get into a already existing town.

Also note that the highest ranked player isn’t the one who can get you in! You need to contact the players having little hats beside their names!

3.2- How a town should work

As explained previously, a town should have their own moneymakers, builders and duelers. Moneymakers are jobbers who deposit a lot of money to help building non-stop! Builders on their side build as long as there is money and that motivation doesn’t drop too low. What is too low? It all depends how many builders you have… I would recommend staying over 85% motivation to get a maximum points per hour-money you invest… Duelers should work together to hit specific enemy players to kill them. The targets should mainly be the players who attack your moneymakers…

As for buildings there is various tactics… Just keep note that building a lot of resisdence allows you to get more members… Gathering 120$ being 5 members takes X times. Having 10 members reduce that time by 2 and so on. So the more members you have at first bringing money in, the more efficient your town will be!

Now choose wisely the players that come in and use wisely also your town forum to guide everyone in the same direction!!

4- Dueling

To be completed later on…

5- Premium account

Premium account brings you a certain advantage. Do you need premium account? The answer is no… Although to succeed it is highly recommended! Each premium account brings you nice features to help you enjoy the game! You at least have to try the difference of playing with and without! You don’t need all of the extras so I’ll give you a list of “Must” if you want to be a leader in your class and of “good to have”

Jobber : MUST have More Energy
Good to have Automation
Good to have Higher Income

Builders : MUST have More Energy (to both job and build)
Good to have Higher Income

Duelers : MUST have Dueling advantage
Good to have More energy
Good to have Automation (duels last only 10 mins)

Note that Character bonus is a good to have in all cases!

6- How not to get hurt badly

I laugh every time I see thread on forum about how bad players get injured. You get frequent severe injuries when you do high risky jobs with only 1 or 2 labor point. Having a lot of labor points won’t prevent you from getting injured… although you will loose few healt points instead of hundreds.

7- Helpful sites

I strongly recommend you to visit the following sites, which can be really useful to answer your questions and to help you plan your next world!

http://en4.the-west.net/help.php or any other world’s help section which is TW’s help section.
www.weststats.com which is a really nice site where you can enter your skills and it calculates which jobs you can do and what you are missing to do other jobs… I used it pretty much honestly.
http://westtool.redio.de/w1/skill_tool_index.php another nice useful site!

Conclusion

I don’t pretend to be a master or anything at this game! I’m just trying to help newer players who might have a hard time figuring few stuff. If you would like me to explain different subjects concerning the game please feel free to message me and I’ll see if I can add some stuff!

Thanks a lot for reading me and I hope it was helpful to you!

EstoyLoco
Back to top Go down
https://ek-west.board-directory.net

Game Guide
Page 1 of 1